Custom Facebook Identity Provider
Click on My Apps at the top right, then click Create App.
Select Consumer for your app type, then click Next.
- Enter your App's Display Name. We recommend using your company name for the App name, as this name will appear during the login process.
- Click Create app.
Click Set Up for Facebook Login to add it as a product.
In the left menu, go to Facebook Login, then Settings.
At the top of the page, click Get Advanced Access.
On the Permissions and Features page:
- Search for public_profile.
- Click the Get advanced access button.
- Agree to the terms and then confirm.
Repeat the same steps for the email permission.
In the left menu, go to Settings, then Basic.
- At the bottom of the page, click Add Platform.
- Select Website.
- For Site URL, set this to your website's URL.
- Click Save Changes.
Take note of the App ID and App Secret keys.
At the top of the page, toggle your app to Live.
Bread & Butter Setup:
- Go to https://app.breadbutter.io/sign-in/
- Click Sign In and authenticate (or Sign Up make a new account and authenticate).
- Go to Settings in the left menu.
- Click on Facebook under SSO Settings > Social Accounts.
- Select "Set Facebook for Production".
- Enter a custom name and description.
- Enter the App ID from the Facebook setup steps above.
- Enter the App Secret from the Facebook setup steps above.
- Click Save.
- Click the checkbox next to your new Facebook provider to enable it.